Critical RF RoIP and Zetron

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

arlojanis

Critical RF RoIP and Zetron

Post by arlojanis »

What is involved in connecting a Critical RF RoIP to a 4010 Zetron?
"The world runs on radio."
Bill_G

Re: Critical RF RoIP and Zetron

Post by Bill_G »

Never heard of Critical RF, but their product concepts sounds like anyone elses roip - software on a PC controls a magic box over ethernet that has a direct physical connection to a radio (ie: local control). The Zetron 4010 is a basic 12 channel desktop console (tone, dc, e&m, and local). I would use it in local control mode to a Critical RF box across dsl to the site to another box to the radio.

Maybe.

You would have to contact them for specific product applications. You might be able to eliminate the Zetron altogether. If the Zetron is existing, and the customer wants to add roip control for a couple sites to switch leased phone lines over to dsl, I'd use a Ratheon NXU-2A through a internet vpn appliance (like Router Board) first.

Critical RF Product pdf
FatBoy

Re: Critical RF RoIP and Zetron

Post by FatBoy »

Critical RF has turned into Critical RF Direct. Steve Calabrese (/\/\y2cents on Batboard) bends over backwards for his customers. He really likes this stuff.......FB
......I understand what the package says sir, but you cannot talk 28 miles with 3 AA batteries.......

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”