Centracom GE and LTR?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Birken Vogt

Centracom GE and LTR?

Post by Birken Vogt »

Hello,

I have an idea that requires an existing Centracom GE to interface with an LTR radio. This system would be used very infrequently and not for life safety so it doesn't have to be up to that standard of reliability.

I don't know if there is a BIM configuration that could be made to interface with an LTR radio directly, but my idea if there isn't is to simply make the BIM full duplex 4 wire so that the operator can hear the channel grant beep that comes from the LTR radio.

Another way would be to use a Link-comm TCB unit to store the outgoing audio until the channel is granted but that is a bit expensive and less real-time than I might like.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Bill_G

Re: Centracom GE and LTR?

Post by Bill_G »

You'll just have to use a 4W tone control in full duplex so they can keep the radio and hear the channel grants. And the dispatchers will have to get used to the wait.
d119

Re: Centracom GE and LTR?

Post by d119 »

Agreed. Wire the radio into a 4W Tone Remote Adapter, connect it to the BIM in the 4-wire configuration, and walk away.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”