IFR-1600S questions/issues

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n0czv
New User

IFR-1600S questions/issues

Post by n0czv »

Hello!

I had asked a question about my new-to-me 1600S. It was DOA when I powered it up, as advertised, BTW.

I replaced the 7 amp fuse in the power supply to get the fan and a couple of beeps, but no display. I reseated the ribbon cables on top, after that, it powered up and then passed all of the self tests.

Upon further testing, I am finding that the data scroll spinner knob does not function at all. Any thoughts as to where to look? I'm still reading the operator and maintenance manuals.

Lastly, does anyone know of a source for parts? I am in need of the crossbar for the handle. The arms are intact. I am also looking for a front cover.

I have only had this unit a few hours, FedEx dropped it off this morning.

Thanks

Steve, N0CZV
Attica, Ohio
n0czv
New User

Re: IFR-1600S questions/issues

Post by n0czv »

I am making progress with the 1600S.. The power supply is functional, some connectors reseated, the unit powers up and passes all of the self tests.

The side handle brackets were intact, the handle crossbar missing. A trip to the hardware store has resulted in a new handle. 7/8" stainless steel tube with a piece of 10/32 all-thread run through with round tinnerman type nuts to keep the all thread centered. A piece of foam pipe insulation around the pipe. Looking for a better foam piece.

The spinner knob encoder took a hit. The encoder leads are broken off. I am attempting to repair it. I would like to replace it. It appears that the same piece is used on several models.

Has anyone found a replacement for the spinner decoder? Original Panasonic part number EWT-XAA52025B is turning out to be unobtanium.

Thanks for any hlp with this!

Steve, N0CZV
Attica, OH
Will

Re: IFR-1600S questions/issues

Post by Will »

" A piece of foam pipe insulation around the pipe. Looking for a better foam piece."

I use racing bicycle handlebar covering, most high end bike shops carry many types.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”