VHF Spirit MV11C Question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

yagermeister

VHF Spirit MV11C Question

Post by yagermeister »

I have a pair of VHF Spirit MV11C radios that seem to be unique. This pair is in orange cases, and has the red dots above the Is in SPIRIT on the front of the radio. As with other Spirit models, you program the frequency and squelch code by holding the PTT button when you power on the radio, and follow the voice instructions for frequency and code. To progress from frequency to squelch code, you press the MONITOR button. What seems unique about this pair is that after you press MONITOR when you have the correct squelch code (or no code) you press MONITOR again and you hear "BAND ONE TWO POINT FIVE or BAND TWO FIVE POINT ZERO". Pressing the PTT button toggles back and forth between these settings. This pair has nine selectable frequencies, and will cover all five of the MURS channels. The FCC ID is AZ489FT3793 and the MODEL is P23SRA03F2BA. I have several other MV11C models, some with and some without the red dots on the front label, and none of them have this bandwidth selection feature. Has anyone else come across a pair of MV11Cs like this, with the bandwidth selection feature?
WA7IEP
WQZW304
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Re: VHF Spirit MV11C Question

Post by RadioSouth »

Have a pair, identical Model# and FCC ID but mine don't do the 12.5/5.0 selectable. Mine date from 1/2000.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”