IFR 1500 lock fast blink

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

GlennD

IFR 1500 lock fast blink

Post by GlennD »

I purchased a dead 1500. I fixed the 12V short and when I turned it on I got a Non vol ram battery message.

Well I replaced the battery and at first i got a checksum error, After turning bit on and off the message went away. Now there is garbage in the memory screens. Is there a way to zero or fill the locations with default data?

The monitor now seems to work fine but I have a constant fast flash of the lock light. Every knob is at its lock position. Is this related to the memory corruption?
jry

Re: IFR 1500 lock fast blink

Post by jry »

no ... one of the VCO''s is out of lock.

as to the memory reset ...no utility to zero them ...doesn't matter until you reference that location which you would want to set first anyway.
GlennD

Post by GlennD »

Thanks JRY, The short was in the duplex module and it is still broken. I put the module from a unit that I received damaged that is likely parts since it was shipped with crumpled newspaper.

I have sn 3090 and 2046. On the 2046, every electrolitic I have tested is bad. I replaced the caps on the 2046 board and it works in 3090. I will have to find out if I need to align it. The blue board in the module sucks!

I never got around to testing the duplex functions.
GlennD

Post by GlennD »

Oops, it is 1246 not 2046 and 3099 not 3090. My bad. I should have looked instead of depending on my faulty memory.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”