CDM1250 DTMF mic

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cdlale

CDM1250 DTMF mic

Post by cdlale »

I just put a dtmf mic on my CDM1250 and cant get it to tx any dtmf tones.I want to use the mic to access my repeater controller. Is there any settings in CPS that I need to change to get the mic to work?
Thanks
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: CDM1250 DTMF mic

Post by SteveC0625 »

cdlale wrote:I just put a dtmf mic on my CDM1250 and cant get it to tx any dtmf tones.I want to use the mic to access my repeater controller. Is there any settings in CPS that I need to change to get the mic to work?
Thanks
Radio Configuration --> Basic Tab --> Bottom of window Keypad/Microphone Configuration --> Programmable-Menu Numberic

You should use the AARMN4026 DTMF mic designed specifically for the CDM's. Press and and hold the PTT continuously while pressing the DTMF keys.

If you are using any other DTMF mic, you may still have to press and hold PTT. Other mics may or may not work at all on the CDM's depending on how they are wired. You may have to double check the wiring of the mic against the CDM mic wiring.

On the CDM's and the 4026 mic, unlike most other DTMF mics, the only DTMF circuitry in the mic is the keypad which is essentially just a series of switches that generate row and column info. The tone circuitry is in the radio itself. That's why there are two extra wires in the CDM mic connector. Most other DTMF mics have all the DTMF circuitry in the mic, but they require a bit of power to drive the tone generator.
cdlale

Re: CDM1250 DTMF mic

Post by cdlale »

I am using a AARMN4026B mic. I have Programmable-Menu Numberic set in CPS and programmed into the radio. I may have a bad mic.
Thanks

Return to “Radio Programming”