Astro Spectra Issue

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

yardbirdjr

Astro Spectra Issue

Post by yardbirdjr »

I have several Astro Spectras that seem to work great.

The only issue i am having is when I first power the radio up on a power supply the radio will work fine.

When I read and program the radio and does a reset I keep getting Fail 01/90.

I have to power off the power supply several times before the radio will start working again.

My question is why is this occurring and how do I fix this issue.

I would like to use them with the power supply as a shop radio for listening purposes.

Please let me know, because this is rather annoying to say the least.

Please PM me with suggestions and ideas or fixes.

Thanks

David
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Re: Astro Spectra Issue

Post by RadioSouth »

Power cords nice and tight ? I had an Analog Spectra show the same error years back and the issue was I was missing the main B+ Turned out radio was powering up with just the ignition sense line and showing that error while cycling on and off or perhaps you need recapping.
jry

Post by jry »

i think your power supply is bad .

I you haven't tried another on I would do that first.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

If you're sure the voltage to the radio is good you may have a failing VOCON. This has been a known issue with Astro Sabers for a few years now... the EEPROMs have a finite number of write cycles and given their age they're starting to hit the limit.
radiodude123
New User

Post by radiodude123 »

The capacitors leak and short out the command board. Take it from experience that is what is causing this.
Been there done many of those !

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”