Vert Char Sync pulse

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

crash
What radios do you own?: R2001C

Vert Char Sync pulse

Post by crash »

I have been restoring an R2001C, and I have a problem with the video of the characters not being correct.

The A9 Processor Module, sheet 7, U34, seems to be where I can see the problem, but I believe the problem is before this circuit.

The screen displays a line at the top which looks like the video that should be at the bottom of the screen, the video intermittently shows the correct form, but looking at the signals on A9 sheet 7, the pulse seems too wide on pin 10, and there are three pulses out on pin 12 of IC U34. There are no pulses on pin 9, and only a wide pulse on pin 10.

Instead of a nice ramp for the vertical pulse, there is a flat top, where the video is squished on the display.

I have tried finding the waveforms that would be the Char Gen Reset pulse, but I can't determine how it is derived without any waveforms.

Are the boards from a R2001D swappable with the R2001C? As I have a D that needs work...
Jeff 'crash' Young N8CMQ

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”