Motorola R2200A and R2001D calibration service

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

crash
What radios do you own?: R2001C

Motorola R2200A and R2001D calibration service

Post by crash »

I have two Motorola service monitors, an R2001D and an R2200A that I have been working on, and I lack the standards to calibrate the units, so I was wondering if anyone offers calibration services at a reasonable cost?

So far everything is checking out against all my other test equipment, so I don't expect any further repairs will be needed, but I would like certified results!
Jeff 'crash' Young N8CMQ
sataraid1

Re: Motorola R2200A and R2001D calibration service

Post by sataraid1 »

I don't know what qualifies as "reasonable", but Auburn Metrology in Bowling Green, KY has worked on my 2001D and I was very satisfied. Easy people to work with.
jry

Re: Motorola R2200A and R2001D calibration service

Post by jry »

The R2001D may be worth the cost ....doubt the 2200 is worth it from a commercial value perspective.

The shipping cost alone any more would exceed the value IMHO

You would be better to invest in a GPS based reference for the frequency and standard deviation null for FM.

Output level I would get a decent used low power meter

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”