RE--SABER PART#####LOOK FOR????

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

FDNY

Post by FDNY »

hi,,

I am looking for a 6 inch whip for a motorola from 440-470,,i need the part### & if you guys know of any places that sell this.....also i am looking for a place that sells reconditioned motorola radio,,like HT 100/SABER ETC???

any help would be appreciated..

FDNY
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

If you don't mind paying Motorola price for the Motorola original, go to AccessPoint at:

http://accesssecure.mot.com/Accesspoint ... htm?E+test

More specifically for what you're looking for:

http://accesssecure.mot.com/Accesspoint ... t+mver1686
radioEd

Post by radioEd »

http://www.panikelectronics.com/panik.txt Has saber antenna's for $15. New And Sabers for sale! Ebay has Sabers & antenna's. Commercial Saber search
#2 General Saber..
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

Ouch! That's a whole $0.50 less than the new from Motorola list price!

BTW- The Saber can use any of the UHF antennas with the 1/4-32 thread, for example from the P50, SP50, P100, HT50, HT90, P110, HT600/P200, MT1000, etc.

You may indeed be able to find something suitable on eBay.
radioEd

Post by radioEd »

50 cents difference! go with Motorola! Ebay had a dozen antenna's in a box for $49. (but I didn't read the fine print)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: radioEd on 2001-11-24 14:44 ]</font>
N4UMJ

Post by N4UMJ »

It's hard to get pics on all these Motorola rubber duck antennas. Accesspoint leaves off the picture of the Steel core antenna but shows the Helical ones. I found the UHF rubber duck antenna with the ball on the end seems to be least likely to snag on something. Maybe this is the steel core one they are referring to? Any clues out there.

Thanks for this reference, HumHead, as this helped me identify a couple of Motorola Antennas I had.

As for FDNY's question.....I have found e-bay to be the most affordable but also the most unpredictable in buying Sabers. Sometimes the P/N's are no longer on the radio and also you want to make sure the radio is complete inside as well(all the correct modules). This info can be hard to obtain from some sellers simply due to their lack of knowledge. If you are lucky and can get someone to commit to the HT's condition that would be a start. But, most of these radios have the "as is" statement included in the description.

Right now it seems e-bay Saber prices are heading through the roof for whatever reason !

Good Luck,

Eddie
N4UMJ

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: N4UMJ on 2001-11-24 16:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: N4UMJ on 2001-11-24 16:36 ]</font>
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

The 403-512MHz UHF whip with the ball on the end and the 1/4-32 connecter is part# 8505247K06 (At least for the Saber version, but they should be pretty much interchangeable among that connector series.)
Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

I have one i dont use i can email you a pic if you like
/\/\y 2 cents
On Moderation
What radios do you own?: iPhone, Blackberry, HT220

Post by /\/\y 2 cents »

Are you in the FDNY? if you are tell your supervisor or whom ever to get off their ass and order some. I have heard that the equipment condition in both the Fire and Police departments is pretty poor. More so in the fire department because the fleet is about 8 years older (MX300/350/HT220/MT500) as compared to the PD's Saber I or Ie's. The least they could do for those firefighters after all they have been through, Is get them some fresh batteries and antennas...communications and getting through is the last thing they need to be worrying about. If your not in the FDNY..get out your yellowpages and call your local Motorola Shop, its listed under "Radio"..You can also use, like the other guy said, any radius series antenna...its cheaper rubber...but its a cheaper price and They will have them in stock...the saber antenna with 100% correct part # will most likely have to be ordered...most shops dont ever sell or have customers with sabers anyway.
chiefops

Post by chiefops »

he's not looking for an antenna for an fdny handie talkie because they are vhf, and the current handie talkies are saber 1's. occaisionaly you see an mx. someday they may re-issue the uhf xts3500. maybe.
motbert

Post by motbert »

I think that I have what you are looking for. I bought two on Ebay thinking that they would work for the Jedi radios. However, they don't have the wave guide, so they worn't work for me. They should work for non Astro Sabers though.

If you are interested, email me directly at garys2@mediaone.net so we don't bore everyone.

Gary
FDNY

Post by FDNY »

thank you all for the respose to my question..

i wish all of you a happy & safe holiday season

F.D.N.Y.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”