GTX Corrupted Checksum

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N9WZX

GTX Corrupted Checksum

Post by N9WZX »

I've got a GTX 900 with a corrupted checksum value and was wondering if there is an easy way to trick it into letting me read the code plug and or correcting this problem. It won't allow me to read the code plug or do anything beyond the initial reconizing that the radio is communicating with the programming software. Any help or information will be appreciated. :(
ARZ902

Post by ARZ902 »

Try to find a valid code plug, reload and reprogram.
Dennis

How do we know the sky isn't really green and we're just color blind?
N9WZX

Gtx Corrpted Checsum

Post by N9WZX »

I tried to use a valid code plug that I down loaded out of another working GTX, but, it wouldn't let me upload it to the radio. It came back with the error message that the serial numbers did not match the radio. As I'm a newbie at this, I didn't know what to try from that point on and I haven't found anything in the software, etc about being able to change the serial numbers.
Thanks all for the patience and help for a dummy like me.
Mike
N9WZX
n5ztl

corrupt codeplug gtx 900

Post by n5ztl »

You might check which revision rss you are using. I am new to the GTX 900, but did have an 800mhz that had been programmed with revision 4 software that I corrupted the codeplug with an early version software. Lab software was able to blank the board and load a different image, but it is major grief reinitializing the board. I could have saved a lot of trouble by using version 4 or later GTX software. :cry: :evil:

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”