GR1225 Repeater Needs Repair Help!

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Rich

GR1225 Repeater Needs Repair Help!

Post by Rich »

Hi
I have a GR1225 VHF Repeater in cabinet with built in PS.
I bought it new about a year 1/2 ago. Now it has a problem,
I was told the signal goes up and down. So I put the tx on a dummy load.
I have it set for 28 watts, Because its not continuous at full power.
Anyway, When first keyed it put out 28 watts for about 60 seconds
then dropped to 20 then 5 watts? Unkeyed and keyed again it went to 15 watts. Waited a few minutes and keyed again and it went to 28 watts for about 30 seconds and power dropped again.
I'm going to check the built in power supply this weekend, Don't know if
maybe thats the problem, If it isn't the problem. Then I guess it may be the transistors? If its not the power supply, I'm going to need someone to repair it. Is there someone here that knows how to repair the R1225 Repeater? I know stupid question. :)
I just don't want to send it to Motorola at there prices.
Thanks for reading....Rich NJ
Nand

Post by Nand »

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=12975

You could look at Wavetar's fix for a power problem like yours. Nearly the last post in the list.

Nand.
Tony Soprano
Batboard $upporter

Post by Tony Soprano »

Far from being a GR1225 expert, but I have seen a number of finals fail on those because there was no time-out-timer programmed in, and the the PA's would just cook when people would lean on it really hard. Running 28 watts continuous won't hurt the supply, but it'll sure build up lots of heat on the PA deck.

Tony

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”