XTL5000

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Richard

XTL5000

Post by Richard »

Does anyone know the pinout on the rear options connector on the new XTL5000 mobile? And what type of connector it might be?
radioracer

Post by radioracer »

All I have is the connector & cable part # and it is HKN6159A. The only pins I have are:
1- gnd
14- gnd
15- emr
16- ptt
20- spkr
23- mic
25- ign
Those are all we use in our application but I could probably get the rest if you need more.
hoser

Post by hoser »

1 GND Ground
2 BUS+ SB9600 BUS+ Data
3 BUS- SB9600 BUS- Data
4 TXD RS232 Transmit Data
5 RXD RS232 Receive Data
6 USB- USB - (Data)
7 USB+ USB + (Data)
8 RESET SB9600 RESET
9 BUSY SB9600 BUSY
10 CTS RS232 Clear-To-Send
11 RTS RS232 Request-To-Send
12 USB PWR USB Power (5V from USB accessory/cable)
13 CHAN ACT Channel Activity (qualified received signal)
14 GND Ground
15 EMERGENCY Emergency1
16 PTT* Push To Talk2
17 ONE WIRE One-Wire Data
18 VIP OUT 1 Vehicular Interface Output
19 VIP OUT 2 Vehicular Interface Output
20 SPKR+ Speaker + (3.2 ohm minimum impedance)
21 RX FILT AUDIO Receive Filtered Audio Out3
22 MONITOR Monitor Overrides PL 4
23 AUX MIC Rear Microphone Input 5
24 SW B+ Switched Battery Voltage
25 Ignition Ignition Sense6
26 SPKR- Speaker - (3.2 ohm minimum impedance)

NOTES:

1 This pin must be connected to ground by jumper on accessory cable if emergency is disabled, even if disabled by CPS. If enabled, this line must be grounded via a switch, which is normally closed. The emergency debounce time is programmable via CPS.

2 Pulling this line to ground will activate PTT function, activating the AUX_MIC input.

3 Fixed level (independent of volume level) received audio signal, including alert tones. Flat or de-emphasis are programmed by CPS. Output voltage is approximately 100 mVrms per 1kHz of deviation. The DC offset is 1.4V.

4 This output is used to detect when a rear microphone accessory is taken off-hook, to override PL to alert the user to busy traffic prior to transmitting.

5 This microphone signal is independent of the microphone signal on the front microphone connector. The nominal input level is 80mVrms for 60% deviation when used for motorcycle, but can also support 300 mVrms for future APCO accessories. The DC impedance is 660 ohms and the AC impedance is 560 ohms.
ckh
No Longer Registered

Post by ckh »

I have the W3 HHCH, but lost the " RJ-45 to DB-25 cable ". I want to made it by myself ....
what is the pin assignment for the "W3 hand held control head" ?
How to assign the pin to the RJ-45 plug ?
YankDownUnder

XTL Accessory/Options Connector

Post by YankDownUnder »

Can anyone tell me who the manufacturer of the 26 way connector is? Trying to source some pins and spare male connectors.

Thanks!

-Ken
kj7xe

Post by kj7xe »

I see that the back connector of the XTL has pins for USB. I wonder if one were to connect up to those pins, it would communicate with the CPS?

Just curious more than anything. Being able to program the radio from the front is a godsend compared to the the non-plus spectras where ya gotta get to the back of the radio (which is a MAJOR pain for some of those vehicles with tight installs)...
hoser wrote:1 GND Ground
2 BUS+ SB9600 BUS+ Data
3 BUS- SB9600 BUS- Data
4 TXD RS232 Transmit Data
5 RXD RS232 Receive Data
6 USB- USB - (Data)
7 USB+ USB + (Data)
8 RESET SB9600 RESET
9 BUSY SB9600 BUSY
...<snip>
Casey KJ7XE
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

That would depend on whether the radio has a host or device interface.
nickburns

Post by nickburns »

FYI, just installed 5 XTL2500's and although you will be led to believe you need the ignition sense cable for ignition power up that attaches to the 26 pin acc. connector, you dont. After buying them and installing the first one, and after much discussion with M, the only thing that needs to be done is adjusting the ignition properties in the CPS.
ka7wnf

Re:

Post by ka7wnf »

[quote="kj7xe"]I see that the back connector of the XTL has pins for USB. I wonder if one were to connect up to those pins, it would communicate with the CPS?

Just curious more than anything. Being able to program the radio from the front is a godsend compared to the the non-plus spectras where ya gotta get to the back of the radio (which is a MAJOR pain for some of those vehicles with tight installs)..."

The answer is yes. I attached a cord that I salvaged from a USB keyboard. Installed the CPS, plugged in the USB and it found the drivers. I can read and write the radios without any problems. No RIB needed.
Astro Spectra

Re: XTL5000

Post by Astro Spectra »

See:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=79644

Extra pins can be got from crimp style D series connecotrs or at a pinch from the kitset RJ-45 to D series adapters which are supplied without the pins fitted to the D connector body.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”