IFR-1000S fell out of the sky

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kv5e
What radios do you own?: Remco ASTRO wrist radios

IFR-1000S fell out of the sky

Post by kv5e »

into my arms with no power cables. :D I have expended many megabytes of searching for the pinout of the AC/DC connector on the back. Does anyone here recall the pinouts before I tear it apart and trace the wiring.

As always...thanks in advance,

kv5e :D
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

I have an 1100S but it just has a regualar PC style 110 volt cable connector.

What do you mean by AC/DC connector? Does the 1000 have a provision for running straight off 12v DC?

mancow
1motoman

Post by 1motoman »

Acording to the book, J40301 (the power connector on the rear) has 5 pins in use.
Pin # 9 = ext DC in (goes to F18002 - 7 1/2A fuse)
Pin # 7 = AC in (goes to one side of xfmr)
Pin # 8 = AC in (goes to F18001 - 1 1/4A slo blo fuse and then to xfmr)
Pin # 10 = Gnd
Pin # 11 = Ext. Battery charger
Dennis
kv5e

Post by kv5e »

Thanks 1motoman, the pins are not numbered so I'll poke around on it.

Mancow, yes ,,,, it would appear that the 1000S runs on DC as well as AC from what I can see.

kv5e
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

I have a DC power cable somewhere around here. Let me know if you dont figure it out from the info you already have.

Chris
N9LLO
kv5e

Post by kv5e »

The power connector looks like a big "Cinch-Jones" with seven terminations. Six are flat terminals arranged 3x2 and one large prong extending out beyond the six flat terminals. Since the flat terminals are symetrically placed, the prong must ensure proper polarization of the connector(s) for either AC or DC.

I would like to power this thing up before I tear it apart so a description of either the DC and/or AC terminations spatially on the connector would be greatly appreciated.

Again as always, thanks in advance,

kv5e
dapaq2
2 Warnings for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale

Re: IFR-1000S fell out of the sky

Post by dapaq2 »

Did anyone ever answer this question as to which pins are what, I know they listed what pins numbers do what but how do we tell which pins are which numbers? I have an IFR 1000A that came with no power plug and am also trying to figure this out. Can anyone help?

Doug
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

"Did anyone ever answer this question as to which pins are what, I know they listed what pins numbers do what but how do we tell which pins are which numbers? I have an IFR 1000A that came with no power plug and am also trying to figure this out. Can anyone help?"

I downloaded the FM/AM 1000A Communications Service Monitor service manual, part number 1-23-0610. On page 49 it lists the pin numbers and functions:

7: AC IN
8: AC IN
9: DC IN
10: GND
11: Batt Chgr
12: Not Connected

On page 50 it shows the male Cinch connector when viewed from inside the back panel. When viewed from the outside looking at the rear panel where the actual pins are, where you'd plug the mating female connector, the pins are oriented as shown below (disregard the hyphens used to keep things spaced properly):

========
-8-------7
----------
10------9
-----o----
12-----11
========

It took me a whole 3 minutes to download the PDF file and a couple more minutes to look through the manual until I found this information. Anyone who owns such a unit should possess the knowledge and ability to do go find this information just like I did.

You're welcome.

Same to you.
akardam

Post by akardam »

Next time, you can use the CODE tag:

Code: Select all

08     07

10     09
    o
12     11

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”