Model # Breakdown Help

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

The Comish

Model # Breakdown Help

Post by The Comish »

I could not find the breakdown for this CDM 1250 on the Model # decoding page...it does not show the "PW" in the breakdown. Can anyone give me the correct breakdown for this model number....thanks

AAM25SKD9PW2AN
fire_master_21
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Motorola/Kenwood

Re: Model # Breakdown Help

Post by fire_master_21 »

The Comish wrote:I could not find the breakdown for this CDM 1250 on the Model # decoding page...it does not show the "PW" in the breakdown. Can anyone give me the correct breakdown for this model number....thanks

AAM25SKD9PW2AN
S= 450-512MHz
K= 25-40 W
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
The Comish

Post by The Comish »

Thanks but the "PW" is what I need to know about in the model number
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Mine has AA in those places. I'm guessing here that it's an LTR radio.
The Comish

Post by The Comish »

I agree I have two of these radios and my other one has AA in that slot to...that is what is throwing me off a bit.

Still waiting to see what PW stands for...Thanks
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

it's a trunking radio, if it's PU then it's a ls+ radio
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
The Comish

Post by The Comish »

Radio does not appear to be a trunking unit...Zone Protocal is "conventional" and all the LS functions are grey'd out in the software. Definately a "PW" in the model number not a PU.

Thanks anyway....still wondering what the PW is?
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

my mistake, DU is a ls radio and DP is a ls+ radio
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
bc_crowley@att.net
New User

Post by bc_crowley@att.net »

Could someone tell me if this model number (AAM25SKD9PW2AN) is a trunked radio or not?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

The radio will not trunk. No CDM1250 will trunk. The "D" in your model number limits you to conventional. It would need to be an "H" for trunking and that would only come on a CDM1550 et al model. With respect to the "PW" I believe that is actually 1 ppm freq stability as required by the FCC for control stations operating at 470-512MHz.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”