Minitor II Reception

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Brodie

Minitor II Reception

Post by Brodie »

Sorry if this question seems dumb but I am very new to all this....

Is there a way to increase the Reception of the Minitor II. Anything at all? Anything for the Minitor 3 as well.

I have a Minitor II and the reception is lousy. I'd like to increase it by any means necessary (short of destroying the pager of course)

Thanks
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Send it out to be tuned. There is no "range boost". It's either properly tuned or it's not.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
Brodie

Post by Brodie »

Thanks for the info... can I tune it myself? Isn't it the small light blue cylinder located at the bottom of the pager beside the screw hole?

Thanks again
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

You could also put an external antenna on the pager. The small round hole on the top is for an external connection for testing or an outside antenna.

Jim

[quote="Brodie"]Thanks for the info... can I tune it myself? Isn't it the small light blue cylinder located at the bottom of the pager beside the screw hole?

Thanks again[/quote]
Tony Soprano
Batboard $upporter

Post by Tony Soprano »

Jim202 wrote:You could also put an external antenna on the pager. The small round hole on the top is for an external connection for testing or an outside antenna.

Jim

Brodie wrote:Thanks for the info... can I tune it myself? Isn't it the small light blue cylinder located at the bottom of the pager beside the screw hole?

Thanks again
Ah, no. That jack is for an earpiece or other audio accessory with a minijack.

For alignment, the pager's crystal must be warped and mixer and preselector sections must be tuned.

If the reception on the II is lousy, then there may be other factors at play such as antenna breaks or component failures. Minitor III's either seem to work or they don't, they use synthesized receivers that are mostly aligment-free.

Tony

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”