Minitor III pager- reset question

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nyscan00

Minitor III pager- reset question

Post by nyscan00 »

Can someone please explain the difference between the following Min III reset options??

A- Revert Squelch
B- Manual reset

I would like to have the pager activate, then go into monitor mode (F1) unil I manully hit the reset pager (similar to how the Minitor II's reset option work)

thank You
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

To have it work the way you want it to, you need to set it to "manual reset". This option requires you to push the monitor button to reset the unit.

I don't have the RSS in front of me to fully answer the 'revert squelch' option...there are several different options which basically let the pager automatically squelch anywhere from immediately after carrier drop out, to a pre-defined amount of time. Perhaps someone else will explain it more fully.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”