jeep wrangler lightbar

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kneedrachen

jeep wrangler lightbar

Post by kneedrachen »

abyobne have any ideas/suggestions/experience with installing a lightbar (emergency, mnot off road lights) on a jeep wrangler soft-top?
thanks,
alex
kccjs268

Post by kccjs268 »

I also have a wrangler, but I use inside lights

When I went to mexico a few months back, they had a police jeep wrangler with a light bar on it. It was mounted right throught the soft top, right into the roll bar.

Without doing so my self, I would think the only nice and easy way to do it would be to either get a wilderness rack and put the light bar on top of that

Or get the "off road" light bar that mounts to the windshield frame, and place the warning lights instead of the off road lights.

eboe

Post by eboe »

i'd shop around for one of those a-pillar light bars. i don't remember where, but i saw one that was flat on top. not round like the one in the pic above. more like a mini radar-bridge on a boat. i think that would be your best bet.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce and brave man, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain
fd2119

Post by fd2119 »

One of the brush trucks around here uses a cage up top similar to the white Wrangler pictured up top, and actually has 2 full sized bars, both flush mounted Code 3 flush mount bars. One is front mounted , and the other is mounted in the rear. Makes for a nice setup, actually!
fd2119

Post by fd2119 »

One of the brush trucks around here uses a cage up top similar to the white Wrangler pictured up top, and actually has 2 full sized bars, both flush mounted Code 3 flush mount bars. One is front mounted , and the other is mounted in the rear. Makes for a nice setup, actually!
olderookie
What radios do you own?: APX6000, XTS5000, Astro Saber

Post by olderookie »

I just took my light bar off my wrangler it mounted to the windshield frame. I know the manufacuer make the roto bar too the smae bar but mine did not rotate. I think the brand is "Carr"?

For grins i layed a light bar on the thing after I removed the off road lights. it would work well, might need a little spacing but the thing would have bolted right on.

the wiring was done missouri style out of the cowl and up the windshield on the drivers side
csteger

Re: jeep wrangler lightbar

Post by csteger »

kneedrachen wrote:abyobne have any ideas/suggestions/experience with installing a lightbar (emergency, mnot off road lights) on a jeep wrangler soft-top?
thanks,
alex
The suggestion of using the off-road light bracket (kccjs268) worked well for me. I installed a Mini JetSonic on my old Wrangler using the OEM off-road light mount. The only down side is running the power cable. I clamped mine to the "rain gutter" of the windshield frame. I wish I had a picture, but the mini JetSonic looked real sexy on the off-road light bar.
8)
kccjs268

Post by kccjs268 »

do you still have any of the off road lights on the bar as well? it'll be like some major take down lights! lol

how did you get the cable inside the cab?
csteger

Post by csteger »

kccjs268 wrote:do you still have any of the off road lights on the bar as well? it'll be like some major take down lights! lol

how did you get the cable inside the cab?
Just the Mini Jet on the bar. As for the cable, I ran it through the tube of the bar, then through a 1/2" hole drilled next to the AM/FM antenna. Ok, so it was not the best, but it worked AND looked rather nice.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”