Systems Saber RSS Problem

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Systems Saber RSS Problem

Post by NSPD »

Using Systems Saber RSS version 4.00.02, sometimes the RSS will not open at all and just leaves a blank black screen and sometimes it will load and then freeze. Has anyone had this same problem, and does anyone know of a fix for it?

Thanks!
Jake
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Blank black screen...are you running it in DOS, or through a Windows Command Prompt?

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
NSPD

Post by NSPD »

I'm running under Windows XP command prompt.

I'm not trying to program the radio, just work on a codeplug.
Jake
NSPD

Post by NSPD »

Well I got that solved by using a slower computer..

Next question..

Is there a way to have MDC PTT ID on some channels and not on others? I have it set as Post-PTT ID and it seems to be radiowide. I only use MDC on 6 channels, and I really don't need or want it on the rest. Is there a way to turn it off?
Jake
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

NSPD wrote:I'm running under Windows XP command prompt.

I'm not trying to program the radio, just work on a codeplug.
Ah, that's why...certain RSS won't run properly in a 2000/XP command prompt. I use a little program called dosbox, which emulates DOS within Windows. It's fantastic for working on codeplugs under 2000/XP, or for playing those old DOS games which also have problems in a command prompt. You can download it here:

http://majorgeeks.com/DOSBox_d4381.html

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

dbusse
What radios do you own?: XTL, XTS, Saber, Spectra, MTS2

Post by dbusse »

Todd-

Can you read/write radios using the DOSBox software?

Dan
Osprey
What radios do you own?: Various Sabers

Post by Osprey »

Not under windows.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

dbusse wrote:Todd-

Can you read/write radios using the DOSBox software?

Dan
I've tried just for the hell of it, but I haven't been able to...there's settings in the config files to enable the serial port & whatnot, but they don't seem to have any effect one way or the other. Perhaps it's for future versions.

Anyway, I don't use or condone the use of it for reading/writing radios. I strictly use it for working with codeplugs for certain RSS such as LCS & Spectra, which just give blank screens under 2000/XP command prompts. Saves me rebooting the computer into DOS, or having to pull out another one.

Todd

RKG

Post by RKG »

In my SSs, PTT-ID is selectable on a per channel basis. However, you are limited to one MDC system per radio: you can have the radio ID or not per channel, but if it IDs it IDs with the same value on all IDing channels.

Return to “Radio Programming”