Need Wireless Surveillance Kit for JT1000

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Med239

Need Wireless Surveillance Kit for JT1000

Post by Med239 »

Hey Folks! Is anyone familiar with any type of wireless surveillance mike kit for a JT1000 or a Motorola with the same chassis. I am looking for one that doesn't costs nearly as much as the radio. Freelinc.com sells one, but I am not quite willing to fork out $349 + tax for a wireless kit. If anyone knows of any options, please let me know. I have one with wires, but a wireless kit would be much more user friendly for the application. I use my surveillance mike in a very noisy environment with a lot of moving involved(Paramedic in large sporting events). Thanks! Med 239
Last edited by Med239 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crimestopper

Post by Crimestopper »

Hate to say it but I think that is your only choice
wkr518

Re: Need Wireless Surveillance Kit for JT1000

Post by wkr518 »

Med239 wrote:Hey Folks! Is anyone familiar with any type of wireless surveillance mike kit for a JT1000 or a Motorola with the same chassis. I am looking for one that doesn't costs nearly as much as the radio. Freelinc.com sells one, but I am not quite willing to fork out $349 + tax for a wireless kit. If anyone knows of any options, please let me know. I have one with wires, but a wireless kit would be much more user friendly for the application. I use my surveillance mike in a very noisy environment with a lot of moving involved(Paramedic in large sporting events). Thanks! Med 239
I know it has wires but ever tried the Temple Transducer headset for the JT1000? It works good in loud crowds or near a 600GPM PUmper Truck.
Never seen or tried a Freelinc set up.Will have to check one out when I get some moolah.
Wayne
Crimestopper

Post by Crimestopper »

I have seen a working prototype from Freelink, and I have used the temple transducers, and they work. If i had to choose betwen the two of them, I would go with the temple transducer. However they don't offer the best noise cancel. I would maybe recomend a Voiceducer instead. It only has only one wire and you can get a 105 db ear mic as well. Great for loud enviorments such as Nascar, or music venues.
Med239

Wireless Headset for JT1000

Post by Med239 »

Hey guys, thanks for the replies! Crimestopper, can you tell me specifically what you didn't like about the Freelinc headset. Also, is the temple transducer or voice transducer something that is easily found on Motorola's website or somewhere else.
wkr518

Re: Wireless Headset for JT1000

Post by wkr518 »

Med239 wrote:Hey guys, thanks for the replies! Crimestopper, can you tell me specifically what you didn't like about the Freelinc headset. Also, is the temple transducer or voice transducer something that is easily found on Motorola's website or somewhere else.
There is info online for the Temple Transducer.I can email you the info brochure/spec sheet.PM me with your email and I will send it.
Wayne
transistor747
Batboard $upporter

bluetooth

Post by transistor747 »

Unless /\/\ has cancelled the product, they were marketing a bluetooth speaker microphone for the Jedi. That may (or may not) meet your needs.
I remember it was pricey.
"The state of the art may well have exceeded the state of the need"
wkr518

Re: bluetooth

Post by wkr518 »

transistor747 wrote:Unless /\/\ has cancelled the product, they were marketing a bluetooth speaker microphone for the Jedi. That may (or may not) meet your needs.
I remember it was pricey.
I think those are slowly being removed from price books.Not sure but honestly I can say I have never seen anyone using those bluetooth mics.
But then again,we are small back country hick city,Capital of NY.:)
Wayne

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”