Maxtrac smartnet PA replacement

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

hvfcadmin

Post by hvfcadmin »

Any one with info?

Maxtrac 800 smartnet type II radio Model D35MWA5GC6AK 15W Mobile
PA section went bad, only had replacement from a D45MWA5GB7AK mobile, 35 watt, when i replaced the PA and re-inittalized the logic board with the C6 model codeplug the unit will only initalize as a 15 watt unit. i cant use the codeplug from the B7 model because it doesn't support Smartnet.
is there a way to edit the codeplug or do i have to get a codeplug from a D45 series? Any one have a codeplug from a D45MWA5GC6AK radio?
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

Even though you're only given the choice for a D35MWA and can't choose a D45MWA model, try adjusting the power anyway. The 15w PA will make 12w at a given RSS setting; the 30w PA might make 25w at the same setting, roughly.

In other words, the control voltage going to the PA still covers the same range whether the PA is 15w or 30w, so the bigger PA should just make more power at the same RSS setting.

Try it and see if it will adjust to give you the power you desire. You may get a warning message if you go higher than 80 on the sliding scale. You can probably ignore this if the radio is making the proper amount of power for the PA installed on it (within reasonable limits).

Bob M.
hvfcadmin

Post by hvfcadmin »

Will try this, have to wait until monday, my rf power meter is at work.

Return to “Radio Programming”