ford indash Swiches

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

ford indash Swiches

Post by KitN1MCC »

has any one used thse Swiches for an install yet and were do you connect to them
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

you talking about the switches for "non-installed" items...like fog light switches when there are no foglights on the vehicle? I've used them plenty of times for stuff, i just kept the current low, and i snipped them right behind the switch and tapped in hard-wire style. works very well.

although, i'm not sure which kind of in-dash you were talking about....
KitN1MCC

Post by KitN1MCC »

no i mean the new option you can get on the Super Duty series that includes 4 30 amp in dash swiches for Customer accys
JustaBuff

switch use

Post by JustaBuff »

yup , used them tons of times in DPW trucks . no problems at all for just about everything in the way of lighting , strobes and leds used.
FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

KitN1MCC wrote:no i mean the new option you can get on the Super Duty series that includes 4 30 amp in dash swiches for Customer accys
Nope... 2 30-amp, 2 10-amp. They terminate into four blunt-cut wires under the dash, and they are VERY handy. Only downside... they're hot-in-run only. Almost as handy as the integrated trailer brake controller...
KitN1MCC

Post by KitN1MCC »

yeah the on when running is ok. i am just powering a ups 64 LX (low current Swiching ) and 6 tir 3

are they easy to identify
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Kit-

Check out the BBAS pages:
https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/to ... build.html

You should find everything you need there... customer access wiring, switches, elevated idle control, etc.
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Super Duty Switch

Post by KB2ZTX »

Yes, Pop the hood and you will see a red, blue white and black wire. They also terminate behind the fuse block(pull the block to see them). They are great for all lighting.

JAS
tvsjr

Re: Super Duty Switch

Post by tvsjr »

jsikora wrote:Yes, Pop the hood and you will see a red, blue white and black wire. They also terminate behind the fuse block(pull the block to see them). They are great for all lighting.

JAS
To be clear, those do NOT terminate at the switch outputs... the four wires mentioned are customer access wires - they don't connect to anything on either end, they're merely present to keep you from having to punch the firewall.
KitN1MCC

Post by KitN1MCC »

and they also run down to the rear of the truck as well
EVModules
was EVConcepts

Post by EVModules »

Since no one has posted anything helpful...

To acess the wires, remove the knee panel under the steering column.

At the fuse block, there are 4 10mm bolts. Remove two right bolts and swing the assembly down. They will be tucked among the wires towards the back. 2 small gauge and 2 large gauge, taped together in a bundle.

The first two switches are of large gauge wires and the last two switches are the smaller gauge wire.

Quite easy, hope it helps!
Sean Barr
EVConcepts

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”