ht1250 issue

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mmtstc
What radios do you own?: HT1250, MCS2000, Spectra A4

ht1250 issue

Post by mmtstc »

howdy all, i looked through the old posts and i couldn't find anything helpful to me on this.

here is the issue - i have a HT1250 LS (aah25kdh9aa6an with R05.09.11 firmware) that i use for work and normally i use a HMN9053E Shoulder Mic, but when i have my flight suit on, i take off the mic. often enough to beocme an issue, when i key my mike to talk with dispatch without the Shoulder mic on, the radio powers off, even though the volume knob is still in an on position. this only happens when there is no shoulder mic on the unit. i had originally though it was because i am using an aftermarket Lithium Ion battery, but i found that i acheived the same problem with one of the real deal motorola batteries. i also thoguht that i may be because of the lovely weather we are blessed with in MN, but it still has this problem when i am sitting inside of our quarters.

I am at a loss to the nature of this problem, please come to my aid!
Paramedic / Dispatcher
Minneapolis / Rochester
MetroMan

Post by MetroMan »

Don't know how old your portable is but there was an issue with the battery connector/back support that covered units with serial numbers between TYU and TZB (###TYU####). Momentary loss of power to the micro caused the radio to shut down and you had to turn it off and back on. Look at the battery contacts on the radio and if the rubber around the contacts is orange, that may be the problem. The newer pieces are blue.
Don't have the part number handy but it was covered under SRN1301 (which doesn't list the part # either). Will post it tomorrow when I get to work.
Rich
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

i agree with metroman, get the upgrade kit and that will help. BUT, where did you get that radio? i'm kinda thinking somebody recased it and might of messed it up because your model number don't match a LS radio if that's what it says on the front of the radio.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
mmtstc

Post by mmtstc »

i have a Sn of 749fac0243, the radio was actually at moto during july05 getting some work done on it (fleabay gone bad), but moto sent it back to me with a clean bill of health. sorry, the LS was me being dumb adn getting cornfused and also, i have the blueseal around the contacts, but trunignt he radio off and then back on does not solve, the problem, i have to disconnect the battery and reconnect it and then it will work again. but why would the shoulder mike make the difference?
Paramedic / Dispatcher
Minneapolis / Rochester
MetroMan

Post by MetroMan »

I'd still lean toward a bad battery contact. You would be exerting some pressure on the battery using the side PTT.

Anybody else looking for the blue seal P/N, it's 3280534Z02 @ $.33 ea.
Rich
mmtstc

Post by mmtstc »

i have tried keyign the mike in just abotu every position i can think of, with every grip i cna think of, but i cant get it to kill, so mayeb the problem magically worked its self out, or maybe it was fixed when i dropped it today, either way i cannot create the problem, so ummmmm... thanks
Paramedic / Dispatcher
Minneapolis / Rochester

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”