IBM LAPTOP

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

IBM LAPTOP

Post by HLA »

anyone know how to get into the bios of an IBM 380Z laptop?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

Besides most of the common key sequences, you might try holding down one key on the keyboard as soon as you turn it on. That might create a keyboard/BIOS error, and maybe you'll be given the chance to enter the setup screen at that time.

Couldn't hurt to try it.

Bob M.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

If memory serves... turn it off, hold F1, turn it on, release when the BIOS screen appears.

It's been awhile, however...
440roadrunner

Post by 440roadrunner »

tvsjr is correct. I emphasize HOLD THE F1 and CONTINUE TO HOLD as you power up.

Since you evidently don't have the manual, you should be able to download both the user manual and the very handy so called "hardware maintenance manual" as well as drivers and other helpful stuff right from IBM, now "Lenovo"

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site. ... idate=true

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site. ... idate=true

Also, if you are trying to find out certain specific info, there should be a "type number." located on the bottom label near the barcode.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

thanks, F1 did it, I just wasn't waiting long enuf for it.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”