External Speaker Wiring > CDM1250

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Rayjk110
Banned

External Speaker Wiring > CDM1250

Post by Rayjk110 »

Hello. I am wiring an older black external speaker that came with a Syntor X9000 of mine to a VHF CDM1250 Base. I have the appropriate adaptor kit for the back from rcbi and need to know which wire lead is negative, and which positive. Or does this not matter and just connect one to + and one to - ??

If there is a way to tell, if I need to have this setup like that, let me know.

Thanks,
Ray.

Edit: Model Number is: HSN-4005A
commtek
Batboard $upporter

Post by commtek »

For a simple speaker with no phasing components, it doesn't matter.
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

Well, this is the standard 5"x5" ~ish square speaker that's about 2.5" deap that you see as most if not all motorola external speaker makes. I'm not sure what's inside tho, or if there are any other components.
Will

Post by Will »

Rayjk110 wrote: I'm not sure what's inside tho, or if there are any other components.
No, just the 'wooffer', (speaker), and the two conductor cable.
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

So, in this case I do not have to worry about polarity and just plug 'n play, right?
(well, electrical-tape-and-play because I am putting a different connector on the end haha)
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Yes, just plug it in. The speaker has no + or -.... therefore it doens't matter.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

actually you need to disable the internal speaker or it will need to be in phase with that one.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”