Spectra RSS Help...

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kd6rfs

Spectra RSS Help...

Post by kd6rfs »

I have Spectra v.6.00.05 installed here on this desktop I am using now....its a emachine 2.6ghz windows xp....when i try to run the rss, a screen comes up saying "pass_where" and that all......how can I make it run on my 700mhz p3 laptop, its a compaq, running windows Me......my jt1000 rss runs okay on that laptop....will the spectra rss run on it? do I just copy the files to a disk and then insert them into my laptop and copy them there? what is the pass_where? thanks...david
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

While the Spectra RSS will run under Windows, you don't want to have it read or write the radio while running under Windows. Bad things can happen.

You need to have RSS running in a pure DOS environment. You can copy all the files in the folder from one machine to another, then make sure the directory names are correct in the configuration screen.

Bob M.
kd6rfs

Post by kd6rfs »

i dont have any codeplug saved on the rss.....after i run it on a proper pc, you mean the directory for the rss? how do i do that.....thanks david

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”