Light install on 2006 F-150

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Codyeng4

Light install on 2006 F-150

Post by Codyeng4 »

strobes, LED light install on 2006 FORD F-150 tke a look and let me know what you think

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wiz706for ... /my_photos
Martin W Cody Sr
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

Nice mohawk :o

I think I would've put the switches up higher though- that's a stretch while you're driving. The wiring looks clean, the mounts look good, how well do those LED's-by-the-inch show up in the daylight?
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
Codyeng4

Post by Codyeng4 »

Rick Rock wrote:Nice mohawk :o

I think I would've put the switches up higher though- that's a stretch while you're driving. The wiring looks clean, the mounts look good, how well do those LED's-by-the-inch show up in the daylight?
I can see what you are saying about the switches but that is what the owner wanted them. Thank you I tryed my best with the wiring. The LEd by the inch show up good in the day time. Thank you again.

Martin W Cody
Martin W Cody Sr
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

with those switches...there comes a time when "where the owner wants them" becomes "where you convinced the owener to put them", in terms of safety and usability...some times it takes a little tough love to convince the vehicle owners, but after a couple of times of showing them how an errant foot, or a long stretch for the switch makes it inconvenient, or maybe even a well placed gymbag can hinder the switch operations...they come around.
Codyeng4

f-150 install

Post by Codyeng4 »

thebigphish wrote:with those switches...there comes a time when "where the owner wants them" becomes "where you convinced the owener to put them", in terms of safety and usability...some times it takes a little tough love to convince the vehicle owners, but after a couple of times of showing them how an errant foot, or a long stretch for the switch makes it inconvenient, or maybe even a well placed gymbag can hinder the switch operations...they come around.
true but when you are an two hours in to trying to tell the owner your side then you just do want they what you to. the owner has not said anything bad about it so he is happy which makes me and my partners happy
Martin W Cody Sr
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

hahah, gotta work on the powers of persuasion, young jedi! After a while, the lines "trust me on this" start to enough weight when doing installs, because all the other installs you have done can let your reputation speak for it self.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”