Park/Neutral Issues as always...

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

CAMZCOM

Park/Neutral Issues as always...

Post by CAMZCOM »

I own a small install shop for police/fire in the Midwest. As always, we see a lot of new vehicles this time of year through about September. It seems with all the changes (Airbags/BCMs/PCMs/Ground-side switching) you see from year to year, it is getting harder and harder to timely install equipment. I have a lot of issues that have been figured out in my shop by taking the time to safely try different products. One issue that seems to be always a problem toward the end of the installs is the park/neutral circuit for pre-emption kill / siren-kill. Different products have been tried and worked flawlessly from year to year. (UPKM-1, UPKM-2) Every year it constantly changes on what or if anything is going to work. It seems most of the problems are on civilian vehicles that are used for emergency vehicles. Have any of you out there been successful in the following yet...

1 Park-Kill for 07 Tahoe Civilian (Only one out yet)

2 Park-Kill for 06 F-150 Light Duty W/ KEYLESS ENTRY!! (UPKM-2 works when ignition key is ON, not while vehicle is RUNNING! Was told it finds ground thru keyless entry system)

3 Park-Kill for 05 Excursion Diesel (Was told one of the wires under the dash was (-) in park. Have done (2) and neither of them worked!)

4 Park-kill circuit on new Charger police package. (The circuit provided by manufacturer only provides 20 ma (+) in drive gear, not enough to drive relay to reverse to park (+ ot -)

Any help would be appreciated or info from installers that have successfully accomplished these obstacles...

Thanks
Casey
CAMZ Communications, Inc.
SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

well, here is at least one problem solved for you:

http://www.whelen.com/install/140/14031.pdf
John

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”