BPR40 programming / squelch

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

hobbes

BPR40 programming / squelch

Post by hobbes »

Does anyone know what version of RSS/CPS will program this radio?

Also, this radio seems to be causing a squelch tail on the other motorola radios at the business, does it use the non motorola code inversion to cut off squelch, or it something adjustable in RSS like it is for the newer Waris models?

Thanks!
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

The CPS has setting for reverse burst phase shift.
The choices were 180 and 240. I think Motorola uses 240 (not sure here).
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

The BPR40 uses its own programming software, no cross-compatability with any other models. The part number is RVN5081B and the current version is R.01.01.
hobbes

programming cable

Post by hobbes »

Do you have the part number for the programming cable? I don't see it listed on MOL...

Huh, I can't seem to find the part number for the CPS, either...
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

Programming cable for BPR40 is PMDN4043R.
"The world runs on radio."
Lake Effect

Post by Lake Effect »

CPS is RVN5081 and cable is PMDN4043

L.E.
transistor747
Batboard $upporter

curious

Post by transistor747 »

Out of curosity, has anyone determined who the manufacturer of this radio is?
Sam
"The state of the art may well have exceeded the state of the need"
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Some Korean company.
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

How is this radio, by the way?

Crappy? Good quality?

I would figure somewhere along the line of quality as those chinsey little "CLS" or XTN series radios.

Never tried a BPR first hand.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

So far so good. I've got about 50 out in service and haven't had any complaints as of yet. Of course the longest one has been out is 4 1/2 months so it's still a bit early to tell.

On the bright side, they are built to MilSpec so they should take a beating like most other /\/\ products and keep on ticking.

The accessory selection is pretty nice, although it's all crap made in China (which explains why it's half the cost as the business line accessories). For those of you who are cost conscious, the MagOne series of accessories uses /\/\'s standard 2 jack connector, so you can use these interchangeably for most all of the Radius series products.

The bright side is that they don't seem to be any worst than the SV/SU21s that my customers have had in service.... for the last 5-8 years. If they stand up anything like these radios then they are definitely worth the money.
RRrobby

Post by RRrobby »

If you are using DPL on these units, the default in the software is for the STE is off. It must be enabled or the other units will have long squelch tails. Vouice of experience-Robby
bricole

Post by bricole »

I just received four Mag Ones and it seems that one of them 'lost' its programming. I understand these radios can be cloned to one another. Can someone describle that process. I know to program initially, CPS asks to hold down the programmable button 1 then start the radio.

What is the sequence of steps necessary to clone?

Much appreciated.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

bricole wrote:I just received four Mag Ones and it seems that one of them 'lost' its programming. I understand these radios can be cloned to one another. Can someone describle that process. I know to program initially, CPS asks to hold down the programmable button 1 then start the radio.

What is the sequence of steps necessary to clone?

Much appreciated.
It's the same as writing the radio. The software does not check for serial numbers when writing, so just hook up the other radio, hold the button down while powering it on, and write in the codeplug. I just did 5 radios this way right now.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”