MX7000 vs Vector

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

losangelescop

MX7000 vs Vector

Post by losangelescop »

hey all,

Im just wondering which bar is more reliable performs better, easier to install and stuff like that, I mean the halogen all-light versions btw...oh and just generally, which one does the best job and looks the best in ur opinions...and yes i kno that some ppl think that the v-shaped bars r as ugly as hell :P

thinking of buying used and installing a lightbar within the next few months...i am thinking of having a lightbar that is easy to remove and install frequently as this will be my regular driver aswell. which bars have easy quick disconnect models, and which works best for quick disconnect?

thanks guys 8)
Motorola, Federal Signal and the MX7000 RULE!
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

I really like the MX7000s, especially if you get them pimped out with the center rotator, intersection sweeps, some LEDs, the traffic advisor, etc.

And yes, the Vector/Vision are simply gawd-awful UGLY.
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

I think the V-bars look awesome, but maybe I'm just strange :D
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

mr.syntrx wrote:I think the V-bars look awesome, but maybe I'm just strange :D
But we already knew that. :lol:
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

the biggest selling point with the vectors was the critical light angle for intersection responses and clearing. Unfortunately, vectors didn't have much more to offer and if you needed reliable flashers, takedowns or alleys, the multi function/smart pods were virtually useless. I have had nothing but problems with these.

MX7000s are great, as tvsjr mentioned. They throw a lot more light and their intersection control is just as good if you get the pimped out ones with corner strobes, sweepts etc.
losangelescop

Post by losangelescop »

I think the V-bars look awesome, but maybe I'm just strange
lol, that makes two of us...i like both bars 8) even tho i've had no experience with vectors :(
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

I actually like both... well, actually more the older Vectors that were completely programable. I don't think they are offered anymore?

If those are your two choices, I'd go MX7000 100%. They may not have the larger reflectors as some of the other bars, but they look really nice when pimped properly.

The 6 rotator MX7000's were even more pimpy.

Other than that, I'd go with a Whelen strobe or LED bar. Properly pimped of course.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

It's all in the pimpin...
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

jedi_saber wrote:It's all in the pimpin...
Mad crazy pimpin, of course. :P
losangelescop

Post by losangelescop »

i agree. the MX7000 throws out a lot more light and the conventional bar shape allows for all lights to be useful, not like the smart pods in the v-bars, which constrict the takedowns/alleys/flashers etc. but i do like the v-shape because its a winner in the intersection clearing department.

call me crazy but i still like the look of the fed sig bars, and the fact that the Vectors can come with the awesome SmartSiren controls. I wouldnt bother getting a Vision, too expensive and everything to go wrong with those darn circuit boards inside the bar. I dont like the rocker switches - they are too bulky, i like all the siren and light functions to be controlled thru one simple compact package, which is y i like the smartsirens.

which of these 2 bars have a quick disconnect function anyway?? :roll:
irsa

Post by irsa »

mr.syntrx wrote:I think the V-bars look awesome, but maybe I'm just strange :D
I was disappointed when the APS went from the Vectors to the LED Hazard 9000 bars. Although having seen the Vectors in action as well as the MX7000, if you want maximum warning I would go the MX.
losangelescop

Post by losangelescop »

I was disappointed when the APS went from the Vectors to the LED Hazard 9000 bars.

Agreed. Speaking of which, does anybody know which of the 3 V-Bars that the western australia police use?

anyway....back on topic, i have just found out that the MX has quick disconnect option, but does the Vector?
DaBigBR

Post by DaBigBR »

Never been hot on the V-bars personally...really didn't like the way they made the car feel at 120mph. I also was around visions long enough to really hate them.

The MX7000 is a great bar, IMO. With max rotators (5 or 6?) and intersection lights, they are tough to beat in a halogen bar.
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

if you want a Rotar bar with just some huge reflectors get a centurion
Wes

Post by Wes »

MX7000 all the way.

Lots more options and way more compact.

But will throw just as much light or more.

I have been running one on my truck for 5 years now with zero problems. I love it!

Oh, and I have 2 of them used for sale if anyone is interested.......

48", red outer domes, clear center dome, 5 rotator, intersection sweeps, and I will have to look to remember if they have halogen flashers and alley lights. They have approx 10' of cable on them and have brackets to fit crown vics.

They are in good condition and were working properly when pulled from service about 3 years ago.

Pics avaliable.

$200 each plus shipping
Wes Hutchens
911 Telecommunicator/2-Way Sales & Service
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

MX7000 all the way!!

They are THE brightest, functional, and modifiable of any light that is out there. Granted the LED and strobe technology anymore is the way to go when it comes to simplicity and maintenance... but for the classic all out pimpin for halogen lights the MX7000 is the winner hands down.

And Wes, I would love to take you up on one of those MX7000 lightbars you have, but I think it would look downright silly on the Lumina.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

MX7000 indeed.

I have a 58" model that I rebuilt from the ground up- 6 high speed rotators with 100 watt bulbs (4 red 2 clear), front intersects, 4 front and 4 rear flashers, and 4 rear area lights, and plenty of room for more. Not to mention there is never a doubt as to whether to pull over or not when you see this blinding masterpiece!
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
Wes

Post by Wes »

JAYMZ,

yea, you might be a little top heavy.......

Wes
Wes Hutchens
911 Telecommunicator/2-Way Sales & Service
Hey Nurse
was hovburglar
What radios do you own?: The ones with smoke inside

MX7K vs hector bar

Post by Hey Nurse »

Code 3's MX7000 all light bar--center rotator, intelligent intersection lights, front flashers ( or LEDs!!) and a traffic advisor....cant beat them!!!
You want me to do WHAT with your radio?
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

jedi_saber wrote:It's all in the pimpin...
Agreed. For the money, the MX7000 can't be beat if pimped appropriately.

Last weekend I re-pimped an all-light MX7000 used by a local FD. It was a basic 4 rotator bar that someone tried to pimp with a center rotator, rear work lights, rear/side flashers and intersection sweeps.

Problem was, they added all those lights with one 16ga. wire :o

So, after being hunched over, inside, on top of and around the utility body for ~5 hours I got the bar re-wired and got the switch panel switches re-assigned for staged lighting options. It's a thing of beauty now :P
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
rwo978
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Post by rwo978 »

You can make any lightbar quick disconnect with the aid of trailer plugs. Just don't run any more than 2 lights/rotators per wire, so you'll need a few plugs if you get the whole pimped out she-bang.

I have an LP6000 that I've basically re-built from the frame up, just needs new domes now. And I've got a quick DC on it on top of my Yukon and the wire on the truck comes out the roof, just like normal, but is zipped-tied to the luggage rack. Works great and not too noticible. But, I need to come up with a new plug system, something water and snow proof. Plus, the bar bolts directly to the luggage rack, so no extra mounts. Don't know how this would work on a car though, wires/plugs coming out of the center of the roof..............might looked retarded. My luggage rack hides most of this.

One other thing to think about is weight/size. I couldn't imagine lifting a Vector bar up onto my Yukon everytime I needed it on there. The LP @ 30-35 lbs is enough weight. I was going to switch to a Vista completely lighted-out that I got from work cheap (retired car take off), but that thing @ 55 lbs, I could hardly lift it up there. So, I opted to sell it and update my interior LEDs. I think the weight factor of the Vector vs the MX would lean me towards the MX, but that would still be heavier than my liking.

So, if you don't need something too special, look for a cheap LP and switch out the old 795 rotators for the newer H1 (similar to MX, and larger)..... or Freeform ones. Plus, add some diamond mirros, and LEDS, as I did...... Might cost a little $$ and take some time, but you'll have something bright........... and light...... in terms of weight.

**********Sorry for the long post************
Ryan
rcpd34

Post by rcpd34 »

I like the MX better. You can do more with it option wise. You might consider the Excalibir as well; similar light, but lower profile.
Brian Paul
Freestate Services, LLC
P.O. Box 1515
Rockville MD 20849
301-963-5880
Nextel National Direct Connect 164*71*315
http://www.EmergencyVehicleSolutions.com
EPC_1111
What radios do you own?: More than you could imagine

Post by EPC_1111 »

Ive got a bunch of MX 7000s with arrow sticks and plenty of crap in them. If anyones interested.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”