tcms for trunking spectra

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

chpalmer
What radios do you own?: Astro Specta, MT1500, HT1550LS

tcms for trunking spectra

Post by chpalmer »

I have a newer B5 Spectra with 128 conventional channels and would like to change the trunking configuration. I have the software to change conventional stuff but need to change the trunking to match my needs and can find no info on it. Just bought the service manual so I will be studying it but dont think its in there... any help appreciated
chpalmer
What radios do you own?: Astro Specta, MT1500, HT1550LS

TCMS

Post by chpalmer »

Thanx Shaun! More correctly Id like to remove the multiple trunking personalities from one radio I have and if possible have only conventional channels. 73's Chris
xmo

Post by xmo »

"I'm surprised that nobody...."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would you be surprised? What relevance does the question have to the intent of this forum:

" Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur
This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band."
xmo

Post by xmo »

"Id like to remove the multiple trunking personalities from one radio I have and if possible have only conventional channels. 73's Chris"

Ahhh. Now I see! It looked like your original post was about trunking not ham conversion.

Ususally TCMS refers to the data necessary to make a radio work on a particular system. If you just want to remove what is already in the radio for ham purposes, I think everybody just uses LAB RSS to delete it.

You won't be able to delete the last trunking system, the RSS will insist that one has to be there - but if you search the archive here you should find a workaround so you don't have to have the last trunking system mapped to a displayed mode.
xmo

Post by xmo »

Found it posted under the topic "Trunking Spectra - how to remove trunking info"

There are several posts in the thread.

metro121 wrote:

"There are two quick ways of doing it.
The first way is to change the radio into a conventional only, but I kinda figure you are unable to that.
The second way will not remove the trunking features but it will allow you not to have a that annoying trunking mode everytime you scroll through your channels.
You first must delete all the trunking personalities and modes except for one. As you know , everytime you attempted to delete that last one , the stubborn RSS won't let you. The next thing you do is add a new personality but do not add a mode to it. Now you can delete the old personality and when you try to F-10 out of the menu, you will get a warning that at least one personality does not have a mode pointing to it. Hit F-10 any way to get out of the menu.
Now check your F-5 menu and you should not see any trunking chanels.
I have done this on quite a few 900 spectras for the same reason.
Good Luck."
xmo

Post by xmo »

Shaun,

Why don't you get in the face of the RCMP just once more and maybe you'll get a nice long stay where ther isn't any internet access.

Have a nice day.
Will

Post by Will »

So the problem of still having trunking channels in the 900 Spectra because one does not have a general purpose TCMF or SysKey to add or delete the trunking chans like Metro reffers to.
I also need to remove several trunking systems from a couple of Spectras, so I can use the command boards and chassis for another range radio..VHF mid power. So I need a gp systkey, correct? Or do I need the TCMS file?

I'd even trade the 900 boards for VHF boards.
d119

Post by d119 »

r0f wrote:
xmo wrote:"I'm surprised that nobody...."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would you be surprised? What relevance does the question have to the intent of this forum:

" Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur
This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band."
Most people on here aren't complete cocks. Find something else to :o about ass-master!

Shaun

Ass Master?
Will

Post by Will »

The question of being able to REMOVE a trunking channel in your or my radio(s) is valid, and is one of the steps to converting the radio for ham use. That IS what this sub fourm IS about.
I do NOT have LAB software or have any access to it, and the LAB RSS IS NOT for the use by other than factory motorola people. So all we had asked, to remove a trunking mode, IS valid.

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”