MTS2000 Simplex

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kd7zoy

MTS2000 Simplex

Post by kd7zoy »

Has anybody figured out how to change to RSS to get the radio to transmit in the 927MHz or recive and transmit in the 902MHz to 906MHz portion of the band. For Simplex operation.

Thanks
KD7ZOY
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Re: MTS2000 Simplex

Post by n7maq »

kd7zoy wrote:Has anybody figured out how to change to RSS to get the radio to transmit in the 927MHz or recive and transmit in the 902MHz to 906MHz portion of the band. For Simplex operation.

Thanks
KD7ZOY
Yes, but you need to use MTSX lab tool. If your radio is toolproofed that will not work directly. If you do a search the post was a few months ago. I have done it to a few units.

Jim
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

You don't really need MTSX lab to do the conversion, just download hex workshop and then open the MTSX.ODB file and look for the frequencies for both upper and lower ranges.

They should be close to this: 0001758, but get above and below that range and you should start to see the band splits show up, use the hex editior rto change the values, then save.

Make a copy of the original, like MTSX.OLD or something recognizable in case you MUST reprogram the radio due to BOO-BOOs made in hexing.

And do NOT use lab to program any MT/MTS version radio with firmware higher than 5.42 due to toolproof issues, then you are in for some work if that happens.

My MTX9000 firmware is old, so I have no worries, and I can lab, lab, lab all day without fear!

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”