Any problem in 'Blue' states with flashing red to the rear?

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

redbeard
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Yaesu

Any problem in 'Blue' states with flashing red to the rear?

Post by redbeard »

I'm in PA where we use blue lights for volunteers and i'm wondering if it's a problem to have the taillights flashing at the same time the blue lights are on. If I have flashers in my taillights or even just using the hazard flashers at the same time it could look like a LEO from a distance. Anyone had problems or know of the state laws regarding such things? What if you wanted to whack out your car with wig-wags, hide-a-way strobes, and a back-lighter or whatever those things that alternate your reverse and taillights.

I'm just trying to find out if it's legal or not. I am permitted to use the blues but don't know where the line is to figure out if i'd cross it with the hide-a-ways or not.
Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why.
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion
Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted. See the announcement inside the forum for more details.
As the sign on the front door says, this is not the place to come for legal advice. That rule is also covered in Wavetar's sticky at the top of the forum.

Thanks!

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”