GMC Sierra Vs. Sho-ME Flasher

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

OCRS11-11

GMC Sierra Vs. Sho-ME Flasher

Post by OCRS11-11 »

I could use a little help, and any will be appreciated. I have a 2001 GMC Sierra, and a Negative Switching Sho-Me Headlight flasher. I have tried installing it, and I get no effect out of it, maybe I'm doing it wrong, I dont know. The truck has what appears to be purple, and an orange wire connected to the bright lights, maybe someone can help.
D. Ryan Jones
Captain (11-11)
Orange County Rescue
Hillsborough, NC
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Re: GMC Sierra Vs. Sho-ME Flasher

Post by 007 »

OCRS11-11 wrote:I could use a little help, and any will be appreciated. I have a 2001 GMC Sierra, and a Negative Switching Sho-Me Headlight flasher. I have tried installing it, and I get no effect out of it, maybe I'm doing it wrong, I dont know. The truck has what appears to be purple, and an orange wire connected to the bright lights, maybe someone can help.
Two things:

1.) RTFM

2.) GM uses a green wire for the high beams

Don't touch anything until you either know what you are doing or you find someone who does.
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”