42-50 Split Saber

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

42-50 Split Saber

Post by NSPD »

I have seen references to a 42-50 Split Low Band Saber, possibly for the european or asian market, possibly a "stornophone". Anyone ever dealt with one of these?
Jake
Bob

Post by Bob »

I've never heard of that split in a saber. A 68MHz split saber (or MX) was manufactured for overseas. That is often referred to as a 'lowband' saber.
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Yeah, they often call midband lowband here and in Europe. Neither we (Australia) nor Europe have a 42-50 VHF land mobile band.

Europe had 66-88 MHz Sabers as MX1/2/3000 series or Stornophones with Select V controllers etc, but in Australia, we had them as Sabers, with MDC and the usual US Saber features.
NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Post by NSPD »

I figured I would ask, as I had seen people making reference to having a Saber operating on 48MHz. Would be great if I could get one on 46!

Thanks for the help guys.
Jake
radio-link

Post by radio-link »

Bob wrote:I've never heard of that split in a saber. A 68MHz split saber (or MX) was manufactured for overseas. That is often referred to as a 'lowband' saber.
Yep, I have two of those, fine radios, doing 68-88 MHz - look at my avatar pic. I am still looking for two DES hybrids to complete them :)
regards - Ralph, dk5ras

--

Ralph A. Schmid http://www.bclog.de ralph@schmid.xxx
Tel./SMS +49-171-3631223

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”