Extended frequency range with XTS5K

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radio-link

Extended frequency range with XTS5K

Post by radio-link »

Hi!

In case this is not yet known, it is possible to enhance the frequency range of XTS5000 and similar radios programmed with the same CPS.
I just opened the patport.exe with an hex editor, searched in intel unsigned long for the frequency limits (in my case 136000000 and 174000000), replace them with the favourite value - and it was done.
My radios seem to work from around 130 up to around 180 MHz...
Probably the UHF versions offer some more, but I have none here to try it out :)
regards - Ralph, dk5ras

--

Ralph A. Schmid http://www.bclog.de ralph@schmid.xxx
Tel./SMS +49-171-3631223
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

The UHF will work the same way for the most part.. I have had a UHF-Low split all the way up to 479 Tx with no problems at all. The radio was very stable at that range.

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Has anyone tried this hack on an FPP-enabled radio? I'm wondering what the radio does if you try to edit an out-of-band channel.
akardam

Post by akardam »

If you try and FPP a channel that was previously programmed with CPS to be out of band, then it will not let you "save" the OOB freq. All OOB programming has to be done with the CPS, and heaven help you if you for some reason accidentally try to FPP it when you're not near the computer...

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”