Another Dodge Charger Question

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Double_Deuz

Another Dodge Charger Question

Post by Double_Deuz »

Has anyone installed an ignition overide system in one of these cars yet?
I am a bit concered with there security system and the awkward wiring from Dodge. What I am looking to accomplish is for the dept to have the ability to remove the key and have the vehicle stay running (I use a series of relays) I am just wondering if there is a transponder in the key that will make the car think it is being hot wired and freak out or not.

Any input would be great!
EVModules
was EVConcepts

Post by EVModules »

Not yet but would LOVE to know the info if a company or an installer figured that out!
Sean Barr
EVConcepts
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

fast way to find if key has transponder - next time you are in home depot, ask them to copy it...they slide it in a keyreader, and if it beeps, they won't copy it...if you are close enough to the employee, you can look over their shoulder and see which icon lights up (texas instruments, etc) and you can even find out what kind of chip is in it...(or atleast the maker)

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”