Is it ok if we do a software Poll

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Is it ok if we do a software Poll

Post by Jim2121 »

Since my post on Ad-Adware 2007 by lavasoft has drove everyone crazy.. On there message BBS you will see posts where people are asking for there $$$ back.

Got a good reply from Rick Rock... for those still using Win Home or Pro (sp2) what are you using for a spyware/adware/mailware scanner? Not talking about anti virus. I used to have Spybot till I had some problems with them. Ad-Adware I removed tonight !!!! getting a refund!

How about it, who else is using what out there, and do you like it? thanks! and thanks for the emails... regards Jim Reid
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Is it ok if we do a software Poll

Post by wavetar »

Poll away. As I mentioned in your other post, Pest Pastrol Corporate & Super AntiSpyware is a good combination for me. Ad-Aware hasn't been more than mediocre in a couple of years.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jim2121 »

Ad Aware just hit bottom.... keep them comming please at least the top five..
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

Webroot Spy Sweeper here. We run the Enterprise version at work, and while it eats resources while scanning almost nothing gets by it.

Another neat little program is Spyware Blaster. It's not a removal tool, so it does you no good if you're already infected. What it does do is prevent stuff from ever loading or installing in the first place, so go ahead and use it if you're doing a fresh OS install.
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jim2121 »

copy that -- with the scanners I have I had mailware & other crap get stopped before it ever made it to its destination in my pc.. BTW- theres some posts on the Lavasoft BBS where if you paid with PayPal & want a refund--too bad... scroll down till you see "propel" post..... nice avatar! can't beat a field marshall

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=9946
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

I've been running Defender Pro these past few months, and it's been super!

I used GriSoft's free anti-virus program, but with limited success..

Same goes for Webroot products.

When I tried Webroot, I got a flurry of drivescanner pop-ups, and I had to add several different headers in the blocker to get rid of them all, such as the common HTTP, then CN. and of course http://WWW....they finally went away, but what a pain!

If I deleted one version of that pop-up, another would take its place, btu with a different header...like it regenerates new ones each and every time it infects your machine.

All spyware creators should rot in prison, same goes for virus writers....bastards all!
smokeybehr
What radios do you own?: Dozens. Want one? Email me.

Post by smokeybehr »

We've been using both AdAware and Spybot on the computers here at work, and they work FB to keep the majority of the crap off of the machines. We also have Symantec Corporate AV and a web filtering program on the system, so we don't have any trouble with viruses or crap coming in from outside.
No, I will not fix your computer. Call back during NORMAL business hours.
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jim2121 »

Just want to thank everyone who replied.........
Softix
New User

Post by Softix »

http://www.spywaredata.com/ that is what am using at the moment. I would like to asked anyone if they have used that type of program before?.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”