Gr300 M120 How to convert to Repeater Mode

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mirage
What radios do you own?: APX7500APX7000 XTS4000 MT500

Gr300 M120 How to convert to Repeater Mode

Post by mirage »

I Have a GR300 that someone here programmed the M120's as a standard radio. How do I get it to work back in the repeater mode. Right now it says it has to be a 16ch radio only.
Thanks for any help Doug
Doug
Batboard $upporter

Re: Gr300 M120 How to convert to Repeater Mode

Post by Doug »

Your radio's can be programmed separately and still operate as a repeater. The biggest thing is changing the configuration on the accessory connector. There are several archives on the board about using 120's as repeaters.

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... de#p200062

The answers you seek are found within......
Doug
May the Schwarz be with you.
mirage
What radios do you own?: APX7500APX7000 XTS4000 MT500

Post by mirage »

Ok maybe I was not the clearest the radio will not program using the GR300 software as a repeater radio so I do not have to use a rick the program prompts me to have a 16 channel radio.
Doug
Doug
Batboard $upporter

Post by Doug »

Doug,
The GR300 software was written and to be used with the 16 mode expanded logic GM300 series radios. The radios that you have in your GR300 repeater are M120's which do not support all the expanded features. Although the M120's are of the GM family they are limited to what you can do with them. What you'll have to do is read and write each radio separately in regular gm300 software.
Your tx radio will be pretty straight forward. Rx and Tx on this radio can be the same
Your rx radio will take a bit more rx will be repeater input and type "b" in you tx frequency and it will go blank now you have to go into your accessory connector and setup pin 8 for CSQ pl/dpl detect. I'll assume that your going to be using a RICK interface so you have to change some of the switches in the RICK at S2.
S2 in the RICK are: 3,6,10 in the on position and 1,2,4,5,7,8,9,11,12 in the off position.
Should you have any further questions I'll try my best to help out
Doug
May the Schwarz be with you.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”