Federal SW200 Switches

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

losangelescop

Federal SW200 Switches

Post by losangelescop »

Hi All,

Need to know info about this unit and if the following will work. What I need to hook up to each of the four switches is as follows:

1. Whelen Responder Cadet (Hard Wired) 40 amp switch
2. SVP Mini-Phantom LED Dash Light (Hard Wired), Whelen TIR3 Surface Mount LED Lights (x2 synchronised pairs) 20 amp switch
3. Headlight Flasher 20 amp switch
4. Tail Light Flasher 20 amp switch

Studied the installation manual, but can not figure out the following, any help would be appreciated!:

*Can I put more than one lighthead/fuction on the one switch, as shown on switch 2 above, is it easy to do, how do I do this? (the devices on switch #2 come well within the 20 amp rate when combined)

*As the unit has fuses in it for each switch, do I need to route the above warning devices or unit itself to any other fuses for safe operation?

* After routing each device's positive lead to the switch on the panel, does the wire have to go through the fuse and back to the battery, or does it terminate within the unit?

* Does the SW200 switchbox itself have any positive or negative wires that have to be connected to the battery/ground?

Lastly, how would I go about hard wiring a Whelen Cadet Responder for switch #1? :lol:

Thanks y'all,

Nic.
Motorola, Federal Signal and the MX7000 RULE!

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”