Would a RAD mux talk to a Tensr Properly?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

chartofmaryland
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Alot

Would a RAD mux talk to a Tensr Properly?

Post by chartofmaryland »

Have a customer that would like to add a third site to their current two both of which have the IMACS800 or Tensr channel bank. This in past understanding being only a D/A converter and vice versa, would a RAD mux work the same in the A/D and D/A converstion? Just finding it difficult to force the 30k down the old wind pipe of this guy and I probably can already guess why there are only Tensr's interfaced into the systems currently, and not any other brand of Mux.

Thanks ahead for any light,

CoM
If the lights are out when you leave the station and then come on the second you key up, you know you have enough power.
RFguy

Re: Would a RAD mux talk to a Tensr Properly?

Post by RFguy »

What type of system? Smart Zone? Is it mixed mode? A few more details would help.
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

Just a general comment...

I have no experience with RAD to Tensr interface but.. I have had some experience with RAD in a system with T-1 mux by RFL and Adtran. We've had some weird problems with E+M signalling and audio quality in the system. Tone remotes seem to work OK. Also have had some issues with timing on simulcast. I'm not saying that RAD can't do the job, but IMHO, the more consistant the platform is, the less you have to worry about whether one manufacturer's equipment interfacing 100% with anothers. In links that are all RAD or all Adtran or all RFL, I have no issues, just when there are a mix of all 3.

Dave
chartofmaryland
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Alot

Post by chartofmaryland »

2 channel voted analog conventional simulcast - currently -

The need for a third site has been on hold due to pricing. The customer is feeling the pinch since we can only use a certain brand of equipment and he was hoping not to be stuck in the box per say. If there were an alternative that is just as stable in performance but alittle easier on pricing, then he would have a possible way to move on adding this site to enhance the coverage of the system.
If the lights are out when you leave the station and then come on the second you key up, you know you have enough power.
chpalmer
What radios do you own?: Astro Specta, MT1500, HT1550LS

Post by chpalmer »

We have had problems with the Rad Mus in that manner ourselves. Biggest problem is the downtime sending the units in for repair as they go to Israel. No experience with your config either. Would another solution be viable for them?
Winegard Interference

Updated to working link! Still hearing these all over the place.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

We have had the same issue with RAD. Started to repair ourselves (simple power supply fault).

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”