08 Tahoe (Non Police) Headlight/Tail Flasher Question

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

hvacesu78

08 Tahoe (Non Police) Headlight/Tail Flasher Question

Post by hvacesu78 »

Hello
Would this Whelen Item work in a non Police Package Tahoe?
Whelen # SSFPOSI6
100% Solid-State, Headlight and Taillight Flasher, 2 Outlet, 160 Watts Per Outlet, Seven Flash Patterns, For 2006-2007 Chevy Impala Police Package and 2007 Chevy Tahoe Police Package, Includes Mating Plug, For Positive Switching Headlights

I tried a few vendors in my area and I got 3 different answers !

Would like to just plug n play not have to cut into any wires etc etc. This looks like the way to go.
Just would like to confirm with the experts here :lol:

THanks in advance

John
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: 08 Tahoe (Non Police) Headlight/Tail Flasher Question

Post by FireCpt809 »

If its not a police package there is no harness to plug and play for the flasher. The 07 flasher will work but you will have to cut the plugs off and cut into the headlight wires. Also You wont be able to flash the tail lights with an 07 flasher. You will need a seprate flasher to do the back end
hvacesu78

Post by hvacesu78 »

Thank you kindly for the response.
Seems like this is the way to go on this model

John
JeffFireRadio

Post by JeffFireRadio »

Greetings...I have the same vehicle and am in the same boat. :) Whelen techs advise that the SSFPOS flasher will NOT work in a 2007-2008 Tahoe. Whelen's only compatible flasher is the UHF2150. Sound-Off makes a few great(!) compatible flashers (solid state and relay-driven) if you're interested. My install is a few weeks away, so can't give you feedback on the real-world details as of yet. --Jeff

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”