Toronto area: 12v circuit breaker

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

videonerd
What radios do you own?: Little Tikes walkie-talkie

Toronto area: 12v circuit breaker

Post by videonerd »

Does anyone know of a shop in the Toronto, Canada area that would have Bussman Hi-Amp (or equivalent) circuit breakers available? Looking for one 50A and one 100A 12v breaker, waterproof flush-mount.

Thanks
alex
Administrator

Re: Toronto area: 12v circuit breaker

Post by alex »

videonerd wrote:Does anyone know of a shop in the Toronto, Canada area that would have Bussman Hi-Amp (or equivalent) circuit breakers available? Looking for one 50A and one 100A 12v breaker, waterproof flush-mount.

Thanks
It took a few different auto parts stores in the states to find one here - but I was able to. If you have a few different chains, I've had good success with them, except, I was looking for a 100-120a breaker specifically.
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
bellersley
No Longer Registered

Post by bellersley »

I'd give Electrosonic a try. They're up on Victoria Park Ave near Steeles. I've found some seemingly impossible-to-find components there. If they don't carry it, you don't need it.
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

try napa if they have them

i also know advanced auto of all PLACES HAS THEM

OR MAIL ORDER FROM WAY TEK

also try a marine store
videonerd

Post by videonerd »

Actually, Electrosonic only has the Bussman fuse line, not their circuit breakers. I checked already...

Looking specifically for the CB185-40.
Conundrum

Post by Conundrum »

videonerd wrote:Actually, Electrosonic only has the Bussman fuse line, not their circuit breakers. I checked already...

Looking specifically for the CB185-40.
if they deal with Bussman, they can probably order it, also by checking on their site, the part is in their system, so they should be able to order it, but as it appears right now, their lead time without a request to order one is 53 days

http://www.e-sonic.com/acc/products.asp ... tIDExt=043
videonerd

Post by videonerd »

Thanks everyone, I ended up buying it from Port Whitby Marine Supplies (http://www.portwhitbymarinesupplies.com) ..

Blue Sea Systems, Bussmann CB185-50 $58.99
Blue Sea Systems, ST Blade Fuse Block $44.99

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”