MW520 Keyboard Trouble

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MyoungARC

MW520 Keyboard Trouble

Post by MyoungARC »

I recently aquired two MW520 Keyboards (FLN9674A) which is the newer red LED backlight keyboards. The problem I am having is after taking the keyboards apart and switching the lead cable and reassembling them properly I somewhat certain of doing. The keyboards now beep after pushing every button, it still works but the key beeps are really annoying. Also the touchpad mouse no longer works. I dont know if I messed something up or its a grounding issue. Please help, as for now I have two keyboards that are not working, any information would be well accepted.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: MW520 Keyboard Trouble

Post by Pj »

Question:

Why did you take the keyboards apart in the first place?

Advertisement:
I may have one or two spare keyboards I can sell you worse case.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
MyoungARC

Re: MW520 Keyboard Trouble

Post by MyoungARC »

Sounds dumb yes, but I switch bad cable on good keyboard with good cable from broken keyboard.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”