MW-520 modem question

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ScannerDan

MW-520 modem question

Post by ScannerDan »

I have a Motorola MW-520 F-5205 and I was wondering can the internal data modem be removed without it effecting the operation or the computer or the internal GPS ? I don't see any point having an RF modem when I can't talk to anyone.

thanks

Dan..

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Re: MW-520 modem question

Post by Jim2121 »

Hi Dan! I would just pay it no mind. The day may come when you want to sell/buy/trade it off? and with the modem missing, may rock the sale...so to say...Jim
Messages can't be intercepted if they aren't sent, can they?
Erwin Rommel
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

You can take it out, but leaving it in there won't effect anything. I was able to sell one long ago to a wacker who really wanted to make sure it was in there for the cool factor.

Its not going to draw any significant power or cause problems.

Now...if you can get it to work simplex with another MW520/800 on the supported protocols, that would be neat.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

Pj wrote:You can take it out, but leaving it in there won't effect anything. I was able to sell one long ago to a wacker who really wanted to make sure it was in there for the cool factor.

Its not going to draw any significant power or cause problems.

Now...if you can get it to work simplex with another MW520/800 on the supported protocols, that would be neat.
OK then I'll just leave it be. Thanks for all your help.

Dan..

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”