R1225 Tone Control

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Mikey
What radios do you own?: CDM1550 LS+, HT1250, MCS2000

R1225 Tone Control

Post by Mikey »

I have a R1225 Repeater and would like to add some desksets to have local control of it. Is is possible to still have the repeater and too plug a tone remote adapter into the 16 pin Acc. Plug on the repeater and hook a few tone remote desksets to it for Base operation?

Mikey
chpalmer
What radios do you own?: Astro Specta, MT1500, HT1550LS

Re: R1225 Tone Control

Post by chpalmer »

Yes! I have a customer doing just that at their location. 4 wire will give you duplex operation should your remotes support it...
Winegard Interference

Updated to working link! Still hearing these all over the place.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Whats the Advantage of going 4 Wire Full Duplex versus 2 Wire??

I'M just trying to use the repeater thats on site as a base radio so they don't have to install a small mobile as a control station. Will the only way it will work is 4 Wire??
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

2-wire will work just fine. 4-wire is generally used in trunking set-ups, so the user can hear the talk permit tones, or system busy tones, in the handset earpiece during initial PTT. It can also be used in cases where you have a full duplex base station such as a taxi company might have, so they can hear the drivers while dispatching at the same time.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

OK, Thanks, I Know we have setup 4 Wire Audio on our Passport Control Stations to Hear the Talk Permit tones, but on this Conventional Analog Repeater i'm going to try the 2 wire as i'm running out of unused pairs to play with here. Thanks for all your guy's Help

Mikey
chpalmer
What radios do you own?: Astro Specta, MT1500, HT1550LS

Post by chpalmer »

Sorry for the confusion. I meant a 4 wire card would work if needed... :D

We use 4 wire operation for dispatch also so that the dispatcher never is without the receiver in their ear. Safety reasons.

16 pin on an r1225 is the same as a m1225, gm300, Maxtrac, ect... Options for programmable pins may differ slightly.
Winegard Interference

Updated to working link! Still hearing these all over the place.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”