minitor III howl

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kd5wfy
New User

minitor III howl

Post by kd5wfy »

the other day my minitor III alerted and when the dispatch was talking there was a feedback like noise that covered up the dispatcher. the sound only happened when it was receiving a signal. this is not the first time its happened. if any one has any info or know where to find it on this site let me know. i have already tried the search option with no luck.

thanks for your time

brian
kd5wfy
New User

Re: minitor III howl

Post by kd5wfy »

update on minitor III.
i took my minitor III apart and noticed that it only made the howling noise when the speaker was touching the houseing that holds the receiver and decoder boards. i have resoldered all the grounding joints on the VCO shield. i also noticed that when i was tapping around the board with a plastic tool i could hear the tapping through the speaker amplified.if you squeez the houseing when there is a signal the sound would go away or it would change pitch. could this be a mechanical problem and not a electrical problem. i would like to try to fix this myself before i have to send it in to a radio shop so any help on this subject would be helpful. thanks

brian

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”