OT: Saving a Youtube video for fire service training

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

FMROB

OT: Saving a Youtube video for fire service training

Post by FMROB »

Hello all,

Sorry for the off topic question.

I ran across a video of a gas explosion that I want to use at work for training. It is on you tube, but I would like to save it as an mpeg so I can use it in a power point presentation.

I am completely green to doing this sorta thing, so any help or insight would be much appreciated.

Here is the link: http://www.truveo.com/Gas-Boom/id/1441063229

Thanks, Rob
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Re: OT: Saving a Youtube video for fire service training

Post by JAYMZ »

Not MPEG, but DiVX AVI/MP3... along with a couple of other formats.

http://vixy.net

Feed it a link and it'll eventually spit out a file to download.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Hey, if it has anything to do with computers at all, it's not off topic...it's the whole reason for this forum!

I use a cool little program called "Save2PC Pro". It'll rip videos from a bunch of different sites, including YouTube. It'll even covert them to various different formats, for viewing on iPOD's, etc.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Terry_Glover

Post by Terry_Glover »

wavetar wrote: I use a cool little program called "Save2PC Pro". It'll rip videos from a bunch of different sites, including YouTube. It'll even covert them to various different formats, for viewing on iPOD's, etc.

Todd
I second the "save2pc" utility. It is really fast and easy to use for a first timer. You can download the "lite" version here for free. This free, lite version works beautifully on YouTube and a few other sites.

Terry
Terry
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Post by Jim2121 »

Heres another free one: http://www.irfanview.net/ does alot.... good luck Jim
Messages can't be intercepted if they aren't sent, can they?
Erwin Rommel

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”