TRBO Vs P25 phase 2

Moderator: Queue Moderator

What radios do you own?: MT-500 with scan

TRBO Vs P25 phase 2

Post by 123 »

What will be the difference between the two Since both are TDMA ?
Will they both be able to talk to each other?
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Re: TRBO Vs P25 phase 2

Post by Wowbagger »

Sigh. Here we go again.

Just because one or two pieces of a communications protocol use the same basic technology as another communications protocol does NOT imply they are interoperable. My friend's Cessna uses a reciprocating gasoline engine, and so does my car - does that mean that I can bolt a prop on my car and it will fly?

MotoTRBO uses a different set of modulation parameters (symbol rate, deviation, etc.). It uses a COMPLETELY different bit level protocol. It uses a completely different means of synchronizing the time slots.

If MotoTRBO were compatible with APCO-25 Phase II (difficult that, since Phase II hasn't yet been standardized) then Motorola would be calling it APCO-25 Phase II so that they could sell more radios.

If you have a GSM cell phone, do you expect IT to be interoperable with P25 or MotoTRBO? After all, GSM is a TDMA system.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
What radios do you own?: MT-500 with scan

Post by 123 »

It was just a question, you don't have to be a jerk in your response. I am sure someone can invent something to make it work.
Because if your statements were true, inventions that others have created would not be possible.

People are very creative, I am sure someone can come up with something.
Keep the flames to yourself.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Wowbagger is absolutely correct. Furthermore, this topic has been covered more than once.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”