Minitor V Audio Level

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Gigs

Minitor V Audio Level

Post by Gigs »

I know their isn't a setting in programming (at least that I know of), but one very big problem I have with the Minitor V is when the volume level is set to the lowest level (almost off), the audio conversations are still quite loud. When wearing my Minitor IV or earlier models, a low setting would be "barly heard" and nice when in a meeting, training, etc. I can not leave the M5 on because it interupts.

Does anyone know a way to "lower" the volume in a setting or hex edit, etc....

I know on portable radios, etc. there are settings for "Minimal Volume Level" and can be set, but the M5 doesn't have this option. Thanks and Happy Holidays.
tvsjr

Re: Minitor V Audio Level

Post by tvsjr »

Set it to vibrate/push-to-listen?
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

tvsjr wrote:Set it to vibrate/push-to-listen?
I agree, probably your best bet.
Gigs

Post by Gigs »

I agree that is the "easiest" way to do it, but it "common" to leave on the primary dispatch channel to hear transmissions. Its just that the M3/M4 and so on when the volume is at minimum, the audio is really low, so not to "disturb" anyone, and yet you can still faintly hear. But on the M5, its quite loud.

I understand if nothing can be done, but hoped some "tech" would have an idea of a hex edit change or something to lower the level.... Thanks

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”